How to choose between Invisalign and braces
When it comes to choosing the right teeth straightening method for your needs, then you will need to consider all of your options. Your main options include both Invisalign and traditional wire braces. You can also choose clear braces, ceramic braces and more. The decision making process should occur between you and your orthodontics office as they are the ones who can best help you make the right decision for your particular case. They can help you find the right options that will work best for your case and your needs. If you want invisible braces but have a very complicated case, then you may need to consider traditional wire braces but will want to choose clear braces for your needs.
There are many ways to choose between using Invisalign and braces. Listed here are some of the pros and cons for using traditional wire braces vs. using Invisalign.
The pros of choosing traditional braces include:
- They have been around the longest. Traditional wire braces are the longest form of teeth straightening methodology and are proven to work and to provide lasting results.
- They are proven to work. They are proven to work as they have a lot of long term studies that have shown their efficiency.
- They are less visible then they used to be. They don’t look like what you may picture wire braces to look like anymore. In fact, they are less obvious then wire braces have been in the past.
The cons of choosing traditional braces include:
- They can’t be removed until your orthodontist removes them. Unfortunately, you can never remove your own wire braces.
- You have a restricted food list.
- They may make you self conscious. As they are wires attached to your mouth, you may feel self conscious while wearing them.
The pros of choosing Invisalign over braces include:
- They are nearly invisible.
- They can be removed. Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time.
- You can clean them. You can also clean them on a daily basis.
- You don’t have a restricted food list.
The cons of choosing Invisalign over braces include:
- They are the newest technology so the long term effects are still up in the air.
- They don’t work for complicated cases. They don’t work for the most complicated cases so you will need to consult with an orthodontist to find the right ones for your needs.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons for choosing either traditional braces or Invisalign for your teeth straightening methods. If you want help making your decision, then you will want to be sure that you have done all of your research. You will also need to visit an orthodontics office so that an experienced orthodontist can assess your case and help you determine what is best for you and your needs.
If you are looking for the right orthodontist to help you with your decision in the Louisiana area, then you will want to contact the experts over at Fruge Orthodontics. They offer many different types of teeth straightening methods and can help you find the best options for your needs.