Five things to think about when you’re looking at Labradoodle puppies.
One of the most popular types of dogs in the US right now are Labradoodles. Also known as Cobberdogs, they’re popular for their distinctive looks, the fact that they don’t shed so they’re safe for people with asthma and allergies, and because of their incredibly friendly and easygoing personalities. That said, you still need to do your homework and give it some thought before you buy one. Here are five things to think about when you’re looking at Labradoodle puppies.
1. Who’s the Breeder? The very first thing that you should be thinking about when you’re thinking of buying Labradoodle puppies is who the breeder is. You need to be certain that the breeder you’re buying the dog from has treated the dog well and that they’ve done their best to ensure the dog’s development for the first few weeks of its life. It’s also a good idea to find a breeder like Highlands Australian Cobberdogs that guarantees that each Labradoodle puppy they’re selling is purebred. At the end of the day, you really just need a breeder that’s producing high quality dogs that are friendly and well socialized. To check out the dogs offered by Highlands Australian Cobberdogs, check out their site at www.highlandsaustralianlabradoodles.com.
2. Are They Purebred? Second, you should check to see if the dogs that you’re looking at buying are purebred. This is important because you’re buying a breed of dog for its corresponding characteristics. If the dog isn’t purebred then there might be some surprises in there.
3. Are They the Right Choice? The third thing that you should be thinking about is whether or not a Labradoodle is the right dog for you. They’re about the cutest dog you’ll ever see and they’re incredibly friendly, but they’re also pretty decent-sized dogs. Thus, if you’re living in a small apartment then they might not be the best choice for you. They’re dogs that also need ample exercise, so if you like to sit in front of the TV all day yet again they might not be the best choice. That’s not to say that they aren’t satisfied hanging out all day (they’re incredibly easygoing dogs), but these are just the kinds of things you need to be thinking about before you buy one.
4. What Color Do You Want? This might seem like a small thing, but you should think about what color Labradoodle you want. There are lots of different colors out there, and if you go to a breeder with lots of different ones you might have a hard time making a decision. Knowing what color you want beforehand is an easy way to pick out a puppy quickly.
5. How Much Will it Cost to Feed Them? This is the last thing that you should think about. You should try and figure out how much food you expect them to eat and what their diet is going to consist of, and from that you should be able to figure out how much it’s going to cost you to feed them. It’s just good to have an idea so you’re not surprised by the bill.